Monday, September 15, 2008

Little Updates

1. burnt my stomach when i was trying to drain pasta last week. it still hurts and its gross to look at because it looks like an open sore. boo.
2. the weather here for the past couple days has been fabulous...i absolutely cannot wait until spring is fully here. 
3. amber bought a table and chairs, so we have that now in the dining room...yay! we also have a microwave because Willie destroyed Amber's ipod by dropping it in coke so this was his make up gift. we have yet to use it though
4. went to a really awesome party on saturday night and stayed up till like 8 30 am. feel like an authentic chilean. except for the fact that the authentic chileans who were there are not still suffering from lack of sleep. note to self: must learn to party harder.
5. still dont have internet at our house, but i think we'll be able to get it in a couple of weeks...thats when amber should have her RUT (chilean ss#)
6. villa made me a bookshelf and a coat rack so now i dont have to pile all of my stuff on the floor by the wall. its almost like a real persons room now! still dont have a lid for the toilet though. am afraid will drop things in the back...wouldnt be the first time.
7. there are lots of protests here right now all over the city. they have signs and drums and horns and whistles. the one outside the cafe im at right now has been going on for about 2 hours! what stamina!
8. on thursday we will begin the weekend...its a national holiday (18 de Septiembre)! yay for a three day work week! 
9. some of my students bought me a bottle of chicha (really potent alcohol the chileans drink for this holiday). im afraid of it though....they all warn me about drinking it. which leads me to the question-why give it to me as a present if you think im going to die? 
10. my computer is "fixed" now...itunes is a little freaky which scares me because whats on my external is all of my music and im afraid it will delete it.
11. thats all i can think of really so...until next time

No comments: